James L. Meek
Home phone: (302)-326-1275 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov. 2009 -- Trustee of New Castle Common
- 2007 B.A., Computer Science, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- 1968-1970 Postdoctoral Fellowship (CNS Pharmacology) with Arvid Carlsson (Nobel Prize ’00),
University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 1964-1968 Ph.D., Depts. Biochemistry & Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.
- 1960-1964 B.S., Chemistry, College of William and Mary, Willliamsburg, VA.
- 2012-present: Museum Guide, New Castle Historical Society, Amstel and Dutch houses
- 2007- Dec. 2010: Database and GIS Programmer, Wilmington News Journal
- 2003 -2005 Bioinformatics Analyst, AstraZeneca Co. Enabling Systems Technology Group
- 1990 -2001 Principal Research Scientist, Dupont Merck /Dupont Pharmaceutical Co
- 1984 - 1990 Principal Investigator, Central Research & Development, Dupont Co.
- 1970 - 1984 Pharmacologist, Lab. of Preclinical Pharmacology, NIMH, St. Elizabeths Hospital.
Washington, D.C., laboratory of E. Costa.
- 2007-Dec. 2010 Web databases and
Interactive online maps for real estate transfers, crime, school test score, shootings, traffic accidents etc. etc.
- 2003-2005 Hierarachcal clustering of protein sequences; Implemented open source web Java interfaces for sequence
viewing and protein structure display on company servers.
- 2000 Data Capture: Created Excel->Oracle OO4O interface for direct data entry by biologists.
- 1998 Web creation: Initiated and implemented two working group intranet web sites using Unix servers
and NT desktops. Created Oracle and Access97 databases, web access to compound and protein
structures, and to Powerpoint, Excel and Word documents.
- 1990-2000: Assays: Led routine assays of HIV and HCV enzymes (PR, RT, RDRP).
Pharmacokinetics: Initiated rat dosing, sampling, HPLC measurements, analysis (’90-93’).
High throughput screening: Inositol phosphatase (mania target).
Chemical database: similarity clustering of compound library
- 1984-1990 IP3 ( inositol tris phosphate): Chemical synthesis; HPLC analysis; enzymology
- 1970-1984 Preclinical pharmacology: turnover and assays for acetylcholine, 5HT, GABA
- 1970 CNS models: in vivo 5HT uptake inhibition (used in Prozac discovery)
- Map--Database integration using MySQL and SQL-Server
- Database development and admin.: MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Access; web interfacing
- Bioinformatics: Protein sequence analysis; protein structural display
- Fluent in Swedish.
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (1972-2000) , Society for Neuroscience (1978-2000)
- Analytical Biochemistry (1975-2003)
Scientific publications (73) & Patents (2)